Here you will find reports, scientific papers, book chapters and theses written for universities and think tanks. For the ESI reports to which I contributed between 2007 and 2013 please visit: http://www.esiweb.org/index.php?lang=en&id=197
Below the publications you’ll find conferences, seminars and workshops I contributed to.
May 2018: FUNAG, the foundation of the Brazilian MFA Itamaraty, published my enlarged and updated (not so much to update) PhD thesis as a book, available as pdf download for free and as traditional book for 31 RS (ca. 7 Euros). Both available through the FUNAG library, http://funag.gov.br/loja/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=938
November 2017: My PhD thesis, which I wrote as an external student at the University of Hamburg from October 2015 to October 2016, was published, entitled “Brazil-Turkey Relations – a role theoretical analysis of emerging powers” and is available for free at http://ediss.sub.uni-hamburg.de/volltexte/2017/8796/
December 2014, Die Kurden und der IS (zusammen mit Ergin Güneş) Welttrends, http://welttrends.de/heft-99/
May 2014, “A Political Romance: Relations between Turkey and Bosnia and Herzegovina”, co-author, Populari think tank Sarajevo, http://www.populari.org/index.php?bGFuZz1lbiZyPTImbD0yJmU9MjA0
June 2012: Book chapter: “Civilianizing Turkish policy – civil society in decision-making and civil-military relations“, in Abbas Kadhim (ed.), “Governance in the Middle East and North Africa”, Routledge International Handbooks http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781857435849/
Inamo, Fall 2011: “Die Aleviten“, http://esiweb.academia.edu/EkremEddyG%C3%BCzeldere/Papers/1085639/Die_Aleviten
Book chapter summer 2011: “The AKP, Civil Society and the Kurdish Question“, in Marchetti/Tocci: “Conflict Society and Peacebuilding“, Routledge New Delhi, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conflict-Society-Peace-building-Comparative-Perspectives/dp/toc/041568563X
January 2011, Südosteuropa 58 (2010) together with Gerald Knaus
Generals, Christians and Turkey’s European Revolution
19 August 2009, Turkish Foreign Policy: From “Surrounded by Enemies” to “Zero Problems”
Centre for Applied Policy Research (CAP) – Policy Analysis
8 August 2009, Turkey: Regional Elections and the Kurdish Question (Peer reviewed)
Caucasus Review of International Affairs, http://cria-online.org/Issue_8.html
FernUniversität Hagen, Kurden in der Türkei – Kann Völkerrecht zum Frieden führen?
Master’s thesis, September 2008 (bitte kontaktieren Sie mich für ein pdf Dokument)
Turkish Policy Quarterly, Was There, Is There, Will There Be A Kurdish Plan?, August 2008,
Freie Universität Berlin, Zivilgesellschaft in autoritären Staaten – Ägypten und die Türkei im Vergleich, Master’s Thesis in Political Science, June 2000, http://www.grin.com/e-book/115822/zivilgesellschaft-in-autoritaeren-staaten-aegypten-und-die-tuerkei-im-vergleich
Conferences, Seminars, Workshops
A selection of conferences since 2014:
29 Sept.-1 Oct. 2017, In drei Tagen durch die Europäische Nachbarschaft, Academy Tutzing, speaker in panel on Turkey, https://www.apb-tutzing.de/programm/tagung/39-3-17
– 19 September 2017, Turkey-EU seminary, Turkey in Europe Now, Rome (via skype), http://www.radioradicale.it/scheda/520103/primo-seminario-di-lavoro-sui-rapporti-turchia-ue
– 12-14 April 2017, Democracy at a Turning Point, Zagreb University, Presentation: ““Emerging powers and (il)liberal democracies”
– 21 February 2017, Lecture at the Swedish Research Institute in Istanbul on “Turkey-Brazil: do odd partners really make good couples?”
– 14-17 September 2016, Workshop “Türkeiforschung in Deutschland IV” presentation of Turkey-Brazil relations, University of Hamburg.
– 26/27 March 2016, ELAIC 2016 conference, presentation: Turkey-Brazil relations, Bahçeşehir University.
– 9 July 2015, talk to international students (IES organization) about the Kurdish issue in Turkey.
– 22-23 May 2015, CESRAN conference in Konya on Eurasia, presentation on Brazil-Eurasia relations
– 13 April 2015, Introduction to modern Turkish politics, international student group, Istanbul
– 20 July 2014 Nachspiel – Brasilien nach der WM, Munich, presentation of the situation in Brazil during the world cup and a comparison of the protest movements in Turkey and Brazil, Friedrich-Ebert Foundation
– 10 May 2014, Zeit fellows conference Istanbul, presentation on the situation of the media, freedom of the press
– 5 Mai 2014, Middle East Conference of the Protestant Church of Germany, Istanbul, presentation on the Kurdish issue and the situation of minorities.